Meow Meow | Memosne

Meow Meow

Zara Pants, Club Monaco Shirt, Momo Hat,  Theory Vest, Versace Blazer, Miu Miu Purse, Hibou Shoes and Duck Feet
I feel like outfit posts should only be limited to one or two photos with supplementary detail shots, otherwise it would be too self gratuitous. I feel like my style has changed in the months that I haven't updated my blog, which isn't surprising, right? People always shift and change, but as you can see, my Versace Blazer will never leave my closet. Nor will my Miu Miu purse...and in retrospect, I suppose I haven't changed that much. The hat is my favourite part about this outfit. When I saw the cutie little ears on this bowler hat, I thought it tapped into the cat magic of "Kiki's Delivery Service", "Totoro" and "The Cat Returns." In this outfit, I feel like I can innocuously step into the background of those movies and seize some of that feline magic that permeated though my childhood. 


Although the "feline" part of this outfit is isolated to the head area, I find the rest of the outfit to be very "men's wear" inspired. It's something that I feel very comfortable in and wouldn't hesitate to wear again. I do find the Theory vest and the Club Monaco shirt are the "perfect couple," I'm actually finding it very hard to split them up and wear them with different shirt/vest/jacket combinations. The fits for each are very complimentary; the Faye Shirt is a bit loose fitting and boxy, for my petite frame, but the Theory vest adds a bit of shape and cling that elevates and completes the whole outfit.

Closer Detail Shot
Something that I absolutely love about both items is the detailing on each. The Faye Shirt from Club Monaco is patterned all over with tiny caricatures of Zodiac Signs, while the Theory Blazer looks almost beaded from far away. I just find the two so sweet paired together. As an added bonus to the whole shebang, both items are 100% silk! How luxurious! Now I just have to stop being clumsy and spilling things all over myself. Thanks so much for coming! =)

+Love

No comments :

Post a Comment